Photography

Photo Challenge: Summer Gardens

By

on

I drove to Maymont this morning to work on the latest Round Robin Photo Challenge: Summer Gardens.

Maymont is a 100-acre estate with two separate gardens: the Italian Garden, which is pictured here, and a Japanese Garden that is closer to the James River. The Italian Garden is a popular location for local weddings, and as soon as I rounded the corner to approach them, I was immediately met with one of the richest, sweetest smell of roses I’ve experienced in a long time.

I’ll post more pictures from Maymont’s gardens in the next few days, but I wanted to make sure I made the deadline, so enjoy this one!

Photo Challenge: Summer Gardens
0 votes, 0.00 avg. rating (0% score)

About Patrick

Patrick is a Christian with more than 22 years experience in professional writing, producing and marketing. His professional background also includes social media, reporting for broadcast television and the web, directing, videography and photography. He enjoys getting to know people over coffee and spending time with his dog.

Recommended for you

6 Comments

1. Karen Funk Blocher

August 9, 2006 at 10:49 pm

Wow. What a beautiful place, although I suspect it would make me sneeze. The structure with the columns really makes the whole thing work (both the place and the photo).

K.

2. Carly

August 10, 2006 at 12:08 am

Hello Patrick :)

If I ever get back east to visit my aunt Amanda, I will have to visit Maymont House. You have described it so vividly. I love roses, especially the spicy scented ones, so I know it would be a wonderful place to just sit and relax. It is romantic also, which appeals to my Zodiac sign, cancer. I will stop by this weekend to see if you have posted any additional pics.

Always, Carly

3. Patrick

August 10, 2006 at 10:20 am

Somehow, I either hit the wrong button or Blogger is acting up.

Shelly had this to say:

Nice photos. BTW, your link here to A Stop at Willoughby is bad. It has blogger.com instead of blogspot.com. Just thought you’d like a heads-up.

I did appreciate the heads-up and I fixed the link. Thanks, Shelly, and sorry about the missing comment.

4. Janet

August 10, 2006 at 5:13 pm

5. Suzanne R

August 10, 2006 at 5:13 pm

Beautiful — I can almost smell the roses! I can see why it would be a popular place for weddings or just a great day out.

6. boliyou

August 13, 2006 at 7:23 pm

Maymont’s now on my list of places to see next time I’m in the area. Great photo!