The letter V is next in line as we cruise through the tail end of the alphabet in the Saturday Six. For those of you who are new to this, it’s a simple idea: I ask six random questions — this week, they all have something to do with a keyword beginning with the letter V — and you answer them.
You can either answer in a comment here, or, if you’re looking for something random to post on your own blog, you can post your answers there and then leave a comment here with a link to that post. The idea is that other readers who enjoy memes like this might just find your blog through the comments on this post.
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your blog… But don’t forget to leave a link to your blog so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!
1. V is for VACCINE: Do you believe children should be required to be vaccinated before they’re allowed to attend public schools? Why or why not?
2. V is for VALOR: Whom do you know personally that you consider to be particularly courageous?
3. V is for VALUE: Which store do you feel generally offers the best deals on things you want?
4. V is for VEGETABLE: Which single vegetable do you tend to use most when you cook?
5. V is for VERTIGO: What’s the tallest building you’ve been inside?
6. V is for VULCAN: Who is your favorite Star Trek character?
Next week, six questions inspired by the letter W.
1. Yes, I think children should be vaccinated. We have learned from past mistakes and have the responsibility to help our children live longer.
2. That's a tough one. Probably my husband's grandmother. She's just this amazing woman who has lived through and seen so many things. She's the matriarch of our family.
3. Sadly, I don't always shop for value, but the local grocery store has really good sales. I'd just rather go to Target, which means I pay more. :(
4. Probably green beans. It's the one my husband will eat. He's not a big veggie person.
5. I've stayed in the tallest hotel in the world while in Singapore.
6. I don't like Star Trek. Don't judge me.
1. Yes, but not as vaccine crazy as we are becoming.
2. I'm not trying to brag. Honestly! But I think I am a courageous person. Only I know what I go through and willing continue to go through to achieve my goals and dream big.
3. So far CVS because I do well with their coupons, cashbucks and brand coupons as well.
4. I love TOMATOS, CUCUMBERS and grilled onions so I use them often.
5. Empire State Building. Is it taller than the Twin Towers? I've been to the top for those as well.
6. Dr. Spock! He knows it all!
What happens when we get to the end of the alphabet? Is it like 12.21.12?
My answers are up: http://sweetmemes.blogspot.com/2013/02/patricks-place.html
Here are my answers http://birth-ofa-notion.com/saturday-six-2213/
1) Yes, I believe that this helps to make sure that illness is not spread
2) A Blogger that I know named John who has been fighting for the past year to beat testicular cancer
3) Meijer - a Grocery Store we have in Michigan
5) The Old Sears Tower
6) Jean Luc Picard
My answers are posted here... http://dianacorner.blogspot.com/2013/02/saturday-six-460.html
1. V is for VACCINE: Do you believe children should be required to be vaccinated before they’re allowed to attend public schools? Why or why not? Yes. It prevents deadly illnesses from spreading throughout the population.
2. V is for VALOR: Whom do you know personally that you consider to be particularly courageous? My dance partner left Germany for the US without knowing any English and accepted a job offer at a studio he'd never seen.
3. V is for VALUE: Which store do you feel generally offers the best deals on things you want? Amzaon is typically the cheapest for everything non-food related that I need.
4. V is for VEGETABLE: Which single vegetable do you tend to use most when you cook? It's a toss up between onion and garlic. I know, how pedestrian.
5. V is for VERTIGO: What’s the tallest building you’ve been inside? I climbed to the top of the Eiffel Tower. Although it is not the tallest building I've been in, it is the tallest structure I've been outside on the top.
6. V is for VULCAN: Who is your favorite Star Trek character? Riker - with the beard.
1. Yes, because it ensures the kids get vaccinated even if their parents are dozing on the job.
2. Hmm, my brother, I think. He took a big risk starting his own business, and now he has more than one of them.
3. Verkkokauppa.com, it's an online & brick-and-mortar electronics retailer.
5. The Näsinneula Tower.
@MELISASource Tallest I've been in, I think, is the CN Tower in Toronto.
@audaciouslady Yeah, I've been asking myself the same question about the end of the alphabet! ;)
Maybe I'll conjure up a surprise!