I thought I’d do one final letter-inspired set of questions. This time, it’s a little different. In honor of any Spanish-speaking readers, this week I’m paying tribute to the Spanish letter Ñ, whose name is pronounced “en-yay.” Finding words that begin with it is very difficult, because it’s a very uncommon starting letter.
In fact, the only word I found that actually begins with Ñ was ñam ñam, which means and translates into “yum yum.”
So this week, there are six questions based on words that simply contain an Ñ somewhere within. Where necessary, I’ve included the meaning as well, just so you know without having to look it up.
To play, just leave a comment with either your answers or the link to the post on your own blog if you choose to post the answers there! Each week, you can find other interesting blogs by checking the comments others leave.
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your blog… But don’t forget to leave a link to your blog so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!
1. AÑO (“Year”): Where do you see yourself in one year?
2. CUÑA (“TV/Radio Spot*”): Which commercial do you find most annoying at the moment?
3. JALAPEÑO: What’s the spiciest food you enjoy?
4. MAÑA (“Skill”): What would you consider to be your most valuable skill?
5. PIÑA (“Pineapple”): What is your favorite “tropical” fruit?
6. PIÑATA: Have you ever been to a party that featured a piñata, and if so, what was it stuffed with?
*Cuña has several meanings, but this one was the one I chose for this particular question.
Thanks for playing and I hope you’ll be back next week!
1. Where I am today.
2. The idiotic ad for the Siwa store chain (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3zND-fzru7A).
3. Mild chili.
Good one! I'm up!
My answers are posted here... http://dianacorner.blogspot.com/2013/03/saturday-six-466.html
1. AÑO (“Year”): Where do you see yourself in one year? In one year I will either be in a new job or studying for a degree needed for a career change.
2. CUÑA (“TV/Radio Spot*”): Which commercial do you find most annoying at the moment? I love Geico ads, but the "when pigs fly" annoys me to no end.
3. JALAPEÑO: What’s the spiciest food you enjoy? Ketchup. :)
4. MAÑA (“Skill”): What would you consider to be your most valuable skill? I have the ability to see between the lines of what is being said and those propose solutions that work that might never have been considered listening to the words themselves.
5. PIÑA (“Pineapple”): What is your favorite “tropical” fruit? Mango!
6. PIÑATA: Have you ever been to a party that featured a piñata, and if so, what was it stuffed with? The last party I went to with a pinata was for a 21st birthday party. It was filled with miniature bottles of booze.