For the past 26 weeks, the Saturday Six consisted of questions based upon keywords inspired by letters of the alphabet. I went through the entire alphabet, even giving X and Z their fair shot.
One of my longtime readers, Mika, who now lives in Finland, suggested that just for fun, I should do one more week of questions with words that started with a Scandinavian letter, the Å. The letter is known elsewhere as a symbol for the Ångstrom, a measure of length in physics named after Anders Jonas Ångström.
With Mika’s help, I was able to find six words that begin with Å. And I’ll also add a translation, just so you won’t have to look them up. (Finding a way to type Å on a computer keyboard can present its own challenge!)
To play, just leave a comment with either your answers or the link to the post on your own blog if you choose to post the answers there! Each week, you can find other interesting blogs by checking the comments others leave.
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your blog… But don’t forget to leave a link to your blog so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!
1. Å is for ÅKOMMA (“Ailment”): What illness do you most expect to deal with one day?
2. Å is for ÅLDER (“Age”): Do you feel younger than your real age, older than your real age or at your real age?
3. Å is for ÅLDERON (“Old Age”): What part of retirement do you most look forward to?
4. Å is for ÅR (“Year”): Of the years you’ve lived through so far, which year was best for you?
5. Å is for ÅSTED (“Crime Scene”): What’s the closest you’ve been to a real-life crime scene?
6. Å is for ÅTERVÄNDA (“To Return to a Place”): What place that you’ve visited in the past would you most like to return to some day?
You should have seen spell check’s reaction to this one!
Thanks for playing and I hope you’ll be back next week!
Patrick is a Christian with more than 26 years experience in professional writing, producing and marketing. His professional background also includes social media, reporting for broadcast television and the web, directing, videography and photography. He enjoys getting to know people over coffee and spending time with his dog.