I realize that we’re technically in the middle of our second run through the alphabet at the Saturday Six, in which we focus on a different letter of the alphabet each week.
This week, though, is a bit different. I’m actually attending the first-ever WordCamp in my home state of South Carolina, and, conveniently enough, in my home base of Charleston.
No airfare. No rental car. No hotel.
Maybe every WordCamp should happen here.
In any case, given that things are a bit crazy today, I’m going to suspend the alphabet run and pick up where we left off next week so that I can ask some specifically pointed questions about blogging and social media.
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your blog… But don’t forget to leave a link to your blog so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!
1. Do you do a newsletter or email subscription for your blog, and why or why not?
2. Of the people you recall who have commented on your blog some time in the past six months, how many have you met in person?
3. Of that same group of people, how many have you ever spoken to by phone?
4. Do you feel that your blog has helped build your social media network, or that your social media network has helped build your blog?
5. How many people in your social media network do you know from a face-to-face conversation?
6. If you had to guess, what percentage of people in your social media network would you say have ever set “virtual foot” on your blog?
Next week, six questions inspired by the letter T.
Patrick is a Christian with more than 26 years experience in professional writing, producing and marketing. His professional background also includes social media, reporting for broadcast television and the web, directing, videography and photography. He enjoys getting to know people over coffee and spending time with his dog.