And here begins the third year of the Saturday Six! It was pointed out that I wasn’t clear last week about the “Second Chance to be First to Play” questions that you’ll see from time to time. In a nutshell, those questions give you the chance to be the “first to play” an old edition of the Saturday Six that was copied from the archives of the original “Patrick’s Place” blog on AOL. When those original questions were copied, the original responses weren’t — there was no easy way to do it. So when you see a “Second Chance to be First to Play” question, it just means that you can be “first” to answer that old edition of the Saturday Six as a sort of bonus.
Does that make more sense?
In any event, thanks to everyone to decided to play and for spreading the word and for continuing to play.
Last week, Carly of “Ellipsis…Suddenly Carly” was first to play last week. Carly also became the “first to play on the second time around” for the very first edition of the Saturday Six, which can be found here. Congratulations, Carly!
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as “first to play,” you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!
1. Did you give up anything for Lent, and if so, did you succeed in giving it up for the entire time so far?
2. Do you do anything to celebrate Easter? Is there any specific food that makes up your traditional Easter dinner?
3. How much cash do you have in your wallet/purse right now? Is this more or less cash than you usually carry?
4. You have the chance to spend a week as a character in either a comedy, a drama, a soap opera, a science fiction show or a murder mystery. Which would you choose and why?
5.SECOND CHANCE TO BE FIRST TO PLAY QUESTION #2: Here’s your chance to be the first one to answer the original six questions in Episode 6 from May 22, 2004. For this question, leave your answers in a comment here.
6.READER’S CHOICE QUESTION #88 from Lily: Think of your earliest memory: Is it a good one or a bad one? If you had the chance to witness yourself at that time, would you want to?
If you have a Reader’s Choice question you’d like to see asked (and answered), click the e-mail link in the Blogger profile and send it to me.
1. I gave up carbonated drinks. So far, not a drop.
2. I usually attend the Easter service. Other than that, I don’t do anything specific to celebrate Easter, and I don’t really have a traditional Easter dinner.
3. $5. It’s about $5 more than I normally carry.
4. I think I’d choose science fiction because if I got sick I could just visit “sick bay” for some incredible gadget to cure me in ten seconds.
5. I think I’ll pass on this one!
6. My earliest memory was a good one: being held by someone with blond hair and a crew cut in my grandmother’s hallway. My mom told me after I described this that the first six months after I was born that’s where my crib was, and I didn’t know this prior to recalling this memory. The best we’ve been able to figure out was that the person I’m describing is either my uncle or my great uncle. I would definitely go back and witness myself experiencing it because I’d like to know for sure who that was.
Patrick is a Christian with more than 26 years experience in professional writing, producing and marketing. His professional background also includes social media, reporting for broadcast television and the web, directing, videography and photography. He enjoys getting to know people over coffee and spending time with his dog.