Finally a full-night’s sleep! It’s been one of those weeks, which is about the only kind of week I have during sweeps. But even a rough week won’t stop the Saturday Six!
But before the questions, it’s time to recognize last week’s “first to play,” who turned out to be Laura of “Adventures in Juggling! Congratulations, Laura!
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as “first to play,” you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!
1. When is the last time you switched from one company to another for an important service? What made you switch? Did the company you were leaving try to make you a better offer to make you stay?
2. What emblem or logo was on the last coffee mug you drank from?
3. On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being a world-class chef and 1 being someone who can’t even scramble an egg, how would you rate your cooking ability?
5. When was the last time you prepared a meal for someone other than yourself or those already living with you? Was it well received?
6. Since it is that time of year, what show’s season finale are you most looking forward to? Which show do you wish would just go away?
If you have a Reader’s Choice question you’d like to see asked (and answered), click the e-mail link in the Blogger profile and send it to me.
1. I switched car insurance companies because my old one went up on my rates (despite my having a completely clean driving record) and I found out (months after the fact) that my agent had left the business and I was transferred to someone else with no notification at all. I switched to the company where I have my renter’s insurance (and got a discount!) and didn’t give the old company a chance to counter-offer. If common courtesy is too much for them, they don’t deserve my business.
2. The signature of Edgar Allen Poe, obtained at the Poe Museum in Richmond.
3. I’d say I’m about a 7 or so.
You Are an Excellent Cook
You’re a top cook, but you weren’t born that way. It’s taken a lot of practice, a lot of experimenting, and a lot of learning.
It’s likely that you have what it takes to be a top chef, should you have the desire…
5. Wow…it’s been probably a year or so. I cooked one meal when my parents came to town. They seemed to enjoy it.
6. My favorite show at the moment, other than “Scrubs,” is “The 4400,” and I feel like I’ve been waiting about three years for the new season to begin, not end. But after last season’s big bang, I’d like to see what the original “CSI:” comes up with for a season-ender this time around. In terms of shows I wish would just go away, it’s hard to come up with just one; on the other hand, shows I don’t like that much are shows I don’t watch, anyway, so I don’t pay enough attention to them to find out how much I really despise them!
Patrick is a Christian with more than 26 years experience in professional writing, producing and marketing. His professional background also includes social media, reporting for broadcast television and the web, directing, videography and photography. He enjoys getting to know people over coffee and spending time with his dog.