This week’s edition of the Saturday Six is devoted to one of everyone’s favorite food, diet or not: the doughnut.
- First to play last week: Jude of My Way. Congratulations!
(According to the rules, “First to Play” requires you to be the first to include the link to the specific entry in which you answered the questions, not just the general link to your blog.)
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as “first to play,” you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!
1. When you’re going to have a regular glazed doughnut, do you prefer it hot, cold or room temperature?
2. If you see a box of a dozen doughnuts, and there are no objections from the others in the room, can you stop at just one doughnut?
3. Which spelling do you prefer for the treat: doughnut or donut? Which do you see most often?
4. Take the quiz: What Donut are You?
5. When was the last time you had this specific kind of donut?
6. If you worked in a donut store, and had to make them as part of your job, how long do you think it would take you — if at all — to become sick of even looking at a donut?
If you have a Reader’s Choice question you’d like to see asked (and answered), send me an email! I’d love to be able to include it in a future edition of the Saturday Six.
1. Maybe I’m the only one, but I like them cooled to room temperature, not hot and gooey.
2. Certainly not! That’s why I try to stay away when I see boxes of them in the newsroom.
3. Doughnut. Other than the “Dunkin’” kind, I usually see it spelled as doughnut.
4. You Are a Glazed Donut
Okay, you know that you’re plain – and you’re cool with that.
You prefer not to let anything distract from your sweetness.
Your appeal is understated yet universal. Everyone digs you.
And in a pinch, you’ll probably get eaten.
5. About a month ago? That time, I did stop at just one.
6. I think doughnuts might be one of the only foods I might never get sick of, but for the fact that I’d have to see the amount of shortening and fat that goes into each one.