Saturday Six – Episode 249
Here’s another set of questions designed to help you get your Saturday off to a good start!
- First to play last week: The Blogger of Life is Nothing without Friends. Congratulations!
(According to the rules, “First to Play” requires you to be the first to include the link to the specific entry in which you answered the questions, not just the general link to your blog.)
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as “first to play,” you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!
1. What commonly-used word in speech annoys you the most? When did you hear it last used?
2. Which commonly-used word annoys you the most when you hear it mispronounced? What’s the most common mispronunciation you hear for this word?
3. Which word(s) do you wish people would use more often?
4. Take the quiz: What’s Your Word?
5. Which internet expression or abbreviation do you use most often?
6. Which internet expression or abbreviation would you most like to see disappear forever?
If you have a Reader’s Choice question you’d like to see asked (and answered), send me an email! I’d love to be able to include it in a future edition of the Saturday Six.
1. “Due to” or “myself.” They are misused almost every time you see them.
2. A tie between especially and asterisk. There’s no X in especially. And there’s an -isk, not an -ick, at the end of asterisk.
3. Thank you.
4. Your word is “Hope”
You see life as an opportunity for learning, growth, and bringing out the best in others.
No matter how bad things get, you always have at least a glimmer of optimism.
You are accepting and forgiving. You encourage those who have wronged you to turn over a new leaf.
And while there is a lot of ugliness in the world, you believe that almost no one is beyond redemption.
5. I probably use LOL more than any other internet abbreviation.
6. IMHO – If you constantly have to remind people that your opinion is “humble,” it probably isn’t. And most of the time, we can tell when you’re speaking something that’s your opinion, anyway, so these are usually four very unnecessary letters. At least, IMHO.
Warning: unserialize() expects parameter 1 to be string, array given in /home/patrickk/public_html/wp-content/themes/implicit/functions/theme.php on line 1406