When I was maybe 12 or so, I was at a neighbor’s house and we were hanging out. His mother was home and picked up the phone when it rang. “Hello,” she said, in a normal, polite tone. After a pause, she said, “Well, hello, you damned old witch, how are you?”
Completely surprised, I looked at my friend. He rolled his eyes and said, “It’s her sister.”
Interesting way to greet someone nonetheless. And that should give you a good idea of what this week’s edition is all about.
- First to play last week: Mika of Mika Salakka. Congratulations!
(According to the rules, “First to Play” requires you to be the first to include the link to the specific entry in which you answered the questions, not just the general link to your blog.)
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as “first to play,” you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!
1. You pass a co-worker in the hallway: what’s your typical greeting?
2. How likely are you to include their name in your greeting?
3. If you ask them how they are as you’re passing them in the hallway and they don’t reciprocate, does that bother you?
4. Take the quiz: What Greeting Are You?
5. What greeting do you hate the most?
6. What’s the strangest way someone has ever greeted you, and did you return the greeting?
If you have a Reader’s Choice question you’d like to see asked (and answered), send me an email! I’d love to be able to include it in a future edition of the Saturday Six.