I’m curious about some of your opinions about photography, particularly portraits of people.
So here’s a set of questions that relate, one way or another, to portraits.
Be sure to check back this week and click on the links of bloggers who play along in the comments below! It’s a great way to find blogs you may not have visited and keep the conversation going!
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your blog… But don’t forget to leave a link to your blog so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!
1. Describe your favorite old portrait of yourself: how old were you when the portrait was made and what were you doing?
2. Of the photos of people you have on display in your home, what percentage of them would you estimate have you in the photo?
3. Which do you prefer in a portrait in terms of background: a solid color, a textured color, or a very scenic background?
4. Which do you prefer in a portrait: the subject smiling, looking serious or looking like they’re in thought?
5. Which do you prefer in a portrait: the subject making eye contact with the lens or not making eye contact with the lens?
6. You see a portrait of someone — male or female — who is in exceptionally good physical shape: how likely is that photo to make you take action to get in better shape yourself?
If you have a Reader’s Choice question you’d like to see asked (and answered), send me an email! I’d love to include it in a future edition of the Saturday Six.