How many different kinds of “American English” are there?
Apparently, there are enough variations for someone to have produced one of those little internet quizzes. Therefore, I thought I’d produce this week’s silly little Saturday Six based on the topic!
Thanks for dropping by and I hope you enjoy this week’s set of questions!
Be sure to check back this week and click on the links of bloggers who play along in the comments below! It’s a great way to find blogs you may not have visited and keep the conversation going!
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your blog… But don’t forget to leave a link to your blog so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!
1. Do you think you have the same accent as most of the people who live in your neighborhood, or do you sound like you’re from somewhere else?
2. Have you ever been mistaken by a stranger as being from somewhere other than your place of birth? If so, what’s the farthest from your hometown one has guessed you’re from?
3. If you had to come up with a name for the dialect you hear most often, what would it be?
4. Take the quiz: What Kind of American English Do You Speak?
5. What regional word or expression common to your area do you find yourself using most often?
6. Which regional word or expression common to your area do you hate the most?
If you have a Reader’s Choice question you’d like to see asked (and answered), send me an email! I’d love to include it in a future edition of the Saturday Six.