Another Saturday, another set of questions.
This time, I decided to go with a more controversial topic — at least to some people: church.
If you don’t attend, that’s okay. (Well, I don’t mean that it’s okay, but that it shouldn’t keep you from participating.)
So give them a shot and let’s see what happens!
Be sure to check back this week and click on the links of bloggers who play along in the comments below! It’s a great way to find blogs you may not have visited and keep the conversation going!
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your blog… But don’t forget to leave a link to your blog so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!
1. When is the last time you attended a church service?
2. At that time, had you been attending regularly, or was this a one-time attendance?
3. Based on your experience, what do you think church does best?
4. What do you think church is particularly bad at handling?
5. To what extent do you think a pastor should speak his mind about a political issue or candidate from the pulpit: not at all, some (if in moderation) or as much as he likes?
6. Remember the last time you were really angry or upset by something you saw or heard at a church service: what made you feel that way?
If you have a Reader’s Choice question you’d like to see asked (and answered), send me an email! I’d love to include it in a future edition of the Saturday Six.