There.  I said it.
Since I switched to this new theme — and very soon there will be an entire post about that experience — there have been a few little issues I’ve had with various sections not displaying quite the way I wanted them to.
One of the first issues I wanted to tackle was the font size.  The default was Arial/Helvetica 12 point, which looks very, very small for some reason.  So I upped it to 14 point, which I’m pretty sure is what the old design had.  (If it featured 12 point, then it just looked bigger than that.)
For several days, I’ve been battling that “top story” position as it appears on single post/search result/archive pages.  The excerpt text in that box was gargantuan by comparison to the rest of the page.  I knew it was about 18 point type when it should have been 14.  I posted something in the forum at Colorlabs, where I got this theme, and I even sent a “support ticket” to ask for help in finding it.
And while waiting for answers, and still stubbornly tinkering with the stylesheet myself, I finally found the one little command that was making the type too big.
Once in a while, I have these delusions that I’d like to one day make money by doing web design.  It’s delightful little moments like these with CSS sheets where nothing is clear because nobody can bother to take the time to label anything clearly that I’m shaken to my senses.
At least temporarily.
Everything doesn’t have to be this difficult.