It’s the first Saturday in October, and since October is observed as Breast Cancer Awareness Month, I thought I would offer six quotes of inspiration about fighting breast cancer from those who have beat the disease.
1. “The only person who can save you is you: That was going to be the thing that informed the rest of my life.” — Sheryl Crow on her cancer diagnosis.
2. “Don’t let breast cancer take away the motivation to achieve your dreams.” — Diana Cohen, breast cancer survivor
3. “Breast cancer changes you, and the change can be beautiful.” — Jane Cook, breast cancer survivor
4. “I’ve always thought of myself as being a warrior. When you actually have a battle, it’s better than when you don’t know who to fight.” — Carly Simon
5. “One important thing to know is you’re still the same person during it. You’re stripped down near zero. But it seems that most people come out at the other end feeling more like themselves than ever before. I’m more eager than ever to do what I did. I want to do everything.” — Kylie Minogue
6. “I’m stronger than I thought I was. My favorite phrase has been, ‘This, too, shall pass.’ I now understand it really well.” — Robin Roberts
Patrick is a Christian with more than 29 years experience in professional writing, producing and marketing. His professional background also includes social media, reporting for broadcast television and the web, directing, videography and photography. He enjoys getting to know people over coffee and spending time with his dog.