What’s for dinner? This week’s edition of the Saturday Six is focusing on the food we eat and the dishes you enjoy (or are at least good at) making!
If you’ve never seen the Saturday Six before, the premise is very simple. It began back in 2005 with the idea that I’d ask six simple, random questions and that by answering them either on your blog and leaving a link in a comment here or by just answering here, fellow readers would have the chance to see new blogs to check out and enjoy.
All these years later, it’s still up and running. There’s no deadline: you can play any edition of the Saturday Six anytime, on any day of the week. You can go back to earlier versions if you’re bored and answer. You might find a topic to write a blog post about if you answer enough questions anytime you feel you’re in the heat of “Blogger’s Block.”
It’s like the gift that keeps on giving.
So let’s play!
1. You want a nice sit-down dinner you know you’ll enjoy at a restaurant and you’re alone: which local restaurant are you likely to choose?
2. Which dish are you most likely to order and why?
3. Now you have the chance to entertain someone visiting from out of town: which restaurant are you likely to choose and why?
4. Which dish from a restaurant have you most diligently tried to duplicate in your own kitchen?
5. How close have you come to matching the flavors of restaurant chefs you’ve tried to emulate?
6. What’s your favorite drink — it can be alcoholic or non-alcoholic — to have with a nice dinner?
Thanks for playing this week’s Saturday Six and I hope you’ll be back next week!