The thirteenth edition of “The Saturday Six.” Hmm…is 13 really unlucky? Seems like the perfect way to begin things, doesn’t it?
But before that, a reminder to leave a link to your journal in the comments. Either answer the questions here or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but the link you leave here gives everyone who plays a chance to visit your journal! Enjoy!
1. In honor of this being the thirteenth edition of the “Saturday Six,” here’s a question about triskaidekaphobia, the fear of all things “13:” You’re building a skyscraper and workers are installing room numbers and programming the elevator. Do you allow them to label the 13th floor, or do you have them skip from 12 to 14?
2. You receive an envelope in the mail from God. (Don’t ask why the Almighty is sending something through the postal service…just go with me here.) Within the envelope is a note and a second, smaller envelope. The note explains that contained inside the smaller envelope is the exact date and time of your death. The choice of whether to peek is completely up to you. Do you look?
3. What pattern or design appears on your personal checks?
4. Who are you more afraid of: your physician, your dentist, a highway patrol officer, or an IRS auditor?
5. Last week I asked which word you had last looked up in the dictionary. This week, which of the following words are you most curious to see defined? (No cheating…you can’t look them up in advance!)
6. READER’S CHOICE QUESTION #11 from Rickpar01: Take a look at yesterday’s newspaper: what is the top headline?
Have you submitted your reader’s choice question, yet? If you haven’t, follow this link and play that week’s edition of the “Saturday Six” as well. You can submit your own question and see it asked to the masses in an upcoming edition.
1. Many buildings actually do skip the 13th floor, but I wouldn’t. I’d actually be interested to see who’d pay to have an office there. To really make things interesting, I might have rent on that floor slightly higher so that someone would actually have to pay more to be there!
2. Yes, I would want to know. This is probably why we don’t receive any of God’s “secret” answers in the mail.
3. At the moment, it’s a series of lighthouse. The next box will contain a design that pays tribute to those wild diner signs of the 50’s. It looked festive and reminded me of game shows…what can I say?
4. I figure most people will say the IRS auditor. I say the dentist!!
5. I’d take the “Z” word. On Sunday, I’ll give the definitions of each word…I know you’ll be on the edge of your seat until then!
6. “20,000 in insurgent ranks?” (The smaller headline reads, “Analysts say guerrillas number far more than estimate of 5,000”)