My dad sometimes talks too much. When he gets going, you almost have a Vaudeville-style hook to “pull” him out of the room!  Once in a while, my mom will actually do this herself.
Sometimes, I get that way, so there are times while I’m talking to someone that I actually become overly-conscious about it, and I tend to clam up to make the other person do the talking.
What about you? Any fears that you overdo it sometimes? That’s the subject for this week’s question!
Thanks for playing as always and have a great weekend!
- First to play last week: Ambrosia Jefferson of Birth of A Notion. Congratulations!
(According to the rules, “First to Play” requires you to be the first to include the link to the specific entry in which you answered the questions, not just the general link to your blog.)
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!
1. Who was the last person you had an in-depth conversation with?
2. Would you prefer to talk to this person face to face, by phone, or by internet chat?
3. In a group setting, are you happier listening to a conversation or leading it?
4. How often would you say that listening to other people’s opinions in a conversation actually changes your own?
5. Take the quiz: Do You Talk Too Much?
6. Have you ever had a telephone conversation in which you or the other party actually asked to hang up first?
If you have a Reader’s Choice question you’d like to see asked (and answered), send me an email! I’d love to be able to include it in a future edition of the Saturday Six.