I’m definitely in a coffee mood this morning, so it shouldn’t be a surprise that this week’s edition of the Saturday Six is all about your morning java. (Or evening java for that matter.)
Yesterday, I had five cups of coffee at work. That’s not necessarily a record for me in one day, but it’s probably approaching whatever the record might be. I honestly was never even approaching a coffee buzz, which lends credence to my theory that my grandmother, who could drink fifteen cups of coffee and still manage to pull off a lengthy afternoon nap, must have passed along some sort of genetic caffeine immunity to me.
One of those wishy-washy research studies recently announced that coffee is good for you, so I figure, until the next one says it’s bad again, why not drink up!
- First to play last week: Diana, of Diana’s Little Corner in the Nutmeg State. Congratulations and welcome back!
(According to the rules, “First to Play” requires you to be the first to include the link to the specific entry in which you answered the questions, not just the general link to your blog.)
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! Permission is not granted to copy the questions to message boards for the purpose of having members answer and play along there. Enjoy!
1. Think of the last time you were in a coffee shop: were you with a group, one-on-one, or alone?
2. Other than national chains like Starbucks, how many local coffee shops are there in your immediate area?
3. Do you have a specific favorite coffee shop near you that you usually go to when you’re in need of a coffee fix?
4. Do you find yourself ordering the same item no matter what coffee shop you visit, or are you very open to each individual shop’s “signature drink”?
5. Take the quiz: The Coffee Shop Test
6. When it’s just you at the coffee shop, how likely are you to order a pastry or something else to go with the coffee?
If you have a Reader’s Choice question you’d like to see asked (and answered), send me an email! I’d love to be able to include it in a future edition of the Saturday Six.