And you thought I forgot, didn’t you?
Actually, what happened was that I got almost no sleep last night. (Sometimes, insomnia can be a real monster.) So I had my appointment with the doggie adoption stand, at which we found homes for two dogs and raised a little more money to send to animal rescue efforts in the Gulf Coast. Then I got home and was just wiped out. So I took a nap, during which I dreamed of questions for the ‘Six.’ (Is anyone buying that?) Okay, okay. I took a nap. Now I’m awake. And here are the questions!
But first, Debbie of “I’m Just a Woman in Search of Definition” was first to play last week. Congratulations, Debbie!
Last week’s questions marked the first time that Deb played the ‘Six.’ Be sure to stop by her journal and say hello.
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! If you don’t have an AOL journal, you can still play, but of course you’ll at least need an AOL screen name, which you can get for free with AOL Instant Messenger, to be able to leave a comment here. To be counted as “first to play,” you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. (Again, if you’re playing for the first time, please be sure to say so in the comment!) Enjoy!
1. You find out that you have to appear on a daytime talk show. It doesn’t matter whose show you choose, but you must appear on one. Which show would you pick and why?
2. Have you ever joined an online dating or penpal site? If so, have you kept in touch with anyone that you met there; if not, have you ever thought about joining up?
3. Who was the last person you promised you’d keep in touch with following a move or job change? Have you kept in touch?
4. Take this quiz: What pizza best describes your personality?
5. You’re having dinner with friends at a restaurant. Besides the company, what is the most important part of the meal: the appetizer, the drinks, the salad, the entree, or the dessert?
6. Have you ever submitted a Reader’s Choice question to the “Saturday Six?” If so, did the answers surprise you? If not, why haven’t you?
If you have a Reader’s Choice question you’d like to see asked (and answered), click the e-mail link on the About Me bar and send it to me.
1. “Dr. Phil,” I think. Not that I think he has all the answers, but if I’d like to start a discussion on the endless array of celebrities who seem to think they have all of the answers about dealing with depression and their own mental health issues.
2. I’ve joined more penpal-type sites than dating sites. There are a few people I have kept in touch with, but most of them I knew before I joined the sites anyway.
3. Probably a former producer who left for a different career. That was about a year ago. Nope, haven’t kept in touch.
4. Pepperoni: Robust and dominant.
When you go for something, you go full force.
You tend to take control of situations easily.
And in return, you get a ton of respect.
5. The dessert. More people who order dessert means that there are more people (besides me) who don’t want the dinner to end, yet.
6. No need for me to answer that one!