I am making an effort to post these questions earlier in the day. Four thirty in the afternoon is better than almost midnight Sunday morning, right?
For those who’d like to join in on the fun, playing is simple: you can either answer the questions in this journal or you can answer them in your own blog and leave a link. It is strongly recommended that you answer the journals in your blog and post the link…since several of the people who are playing have relocated away from AOL, it’s important that everyone knows where your new (or temporary) blogging homes are, so if you don’t mind, leave a first name and your journal’s link, just so we can find you easier!
But before the questions, it’s time to recognize the first person to play last week. According to the rules, to be considered “first to play,” you must be the first one to either answer questions in the comment or post the link to the specific entry in which you’ve answered the questions. The first one to do that was Betty, of “Of mini-paws and menopause.” Congratulations, Betty!
Here are this week’s “Saturday Six” questions. Either answer the questions in a comment here, or put the answers in an entry on your journal…but either way, leave a link to your journal so that everyone else can visit! To be counted as “first to play,” you must be the first player to either answer the questions in a comment or to provide a complete link to the specific entry in your journal in which you answer the questions. A link to your journal in general cannot count. Enjoy!
1. Do you generally tend to be early, late or right on time?
2. Did you belong to any clubs in high school? If so, which did you value the most?
3. Where was your favorite place to hang out when you were in high school? How often were you there and were you usually with friends or alone?
4. Take this quiz (if you haven’t already!): What chess piece are you? (Thanks to Charles.)
5. When is the last time you played a board game and what game did you play? Did you win?
6. You’re called to serve on a jury. Would you rather sit on a capital murder case, a personal injury case, a wrongful death suit or a drunk driving case, and why?
If you have a Reader’s Choice question you’d like to see asked (and answered), click the e-mail link on the About Me bar and send it to me.
1. Usually a minute or two late. Working on that.
2. I’m not sure which clubs I was in. I was on my high school newspaper staff and I think I valued that more than any other activity in high school.
3. My favorite place to hang out back then was usually at home in my room. I didn’t have a lot of friends, and my home was so cluttered that having visitors wasn’t always an option. It’s not necessarily the most common hangout I’d have chosen, but it was my usual one.
4. An Outer Black Pawn:
You are a good soldier, the man the Man counts on. Unfortunately, he may or may not care for your well being, and so he will put you out just protect his interests. This you do without question because you are a team player. Bad news for you, because your team, the black team, tends to have to be more defensive in nature, and sometimes has to make hard choices or sacrifices. Guess who just volunteered?
5. I haven’t played a board game since Christmas of 2004. It was Scrabble and I played with my best friend and his wife. I lost, but the consolation was that she beat both of us, so he didn’t get any bragging rights over me!
6. I think I’d rather sit on a personal injury case. I think I could be sympathetic, but at the same time, I wouldn’t give someone millions of dollars if they were the ones who had a hand in their own injuries.